Thursday, August 6

Chick *Food*: I Scream For Buttercream

The silver lining to being sick these past few days? Watching chick flicks in bed and resting on the couch unapologetically :). Yesterday, I caught Definitely, Maybe with Ryan Reynolds, my new cutie crush, and bought Confessions of A Shopaholic on Demand. Finishing out the night with Two Weeks Notice (Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant are a comedic match made in heaven!).

Even though I have read the entire Shopaholic series and the movie completely deviates from the book, I still love it. Isla Fischer is the saving grace- she is so bubbly and beautiful, a great Beck Bloomwood indeed. You just have to accept the fact that most movies adapted from books are nothing like the story- if you go into the theater wanting it to be exactly like what you read- you will without a doubt be disappointed.

So, this weekend Brian and I will be embarking on another baking adventure- perhaps a new little weekend routine. I glanced at foodgawker for inspiration but nothing struck my fancy- so I did a google search for buttercream recipes (because I LOVE buttercream) and cupcake recipes and saw a key lime buttercream cupcake. What better way to celebrate Summer than with a keylime dessert- so tangy, so fruity, so fresh, so essentially summer! I can't wait to try this one out- it's got to be better than the whoopsie pies because there is no cream cheese involved (I checked... twice!).



A few months ago, I did a phone interview with one of the owners of a bakery in SD - Sweet Cheeks Baking Company- for The Perfect Wedding Guide. Since I was in San Diego the following weekend for a Pheromones concert, I decided to pay Sweet Cheeks a visit and meet the ladies behind the confections in person. Brian and I got to hang out with one of the apprentice bakers and she gave us a taste of this blackout chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream frosting....OUT OF THIS WORLD! I must have been dreaming about it for weeks and weeks it was so good. That was the moment I fell in love with buttercream and its light, melt-in-your-mouth goodness.



Sweet Cheeks
also incorporates healthy ingredients like wheat germ and whole wheat flower, and they use all natural ingredients for their delicious creations. Somehow they manage to slyly sneak the healthy in there because you can't even taste it. Needless to say, when I get married- Sweet Cheeks will be the top choice for the wedding cake vendor!

Here is a link to the article I wrote on Sweet Cheeks if you want to check them out:

http://tinyurl.com/njqk3z

Have a wonderful weekend and I will update next week w/ pics and story on the Buttercream Baking :)